tshirtsicantweartowork

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Basquiat - Early Favourite







I've long been a fan of graffiti and in turn Jean-Michel Basquiat. I saw a show of his in Venice 6 or 7 years ago and was instantly hooked. Earlier this year I was lucky enough to be in NY when the Brooklyn Museum put on an amazing display of his work. My girlfriend bought me this T-Shirt in the museum store. It is made by 2kshirts and they have a great collection of T's here . The cotton is nothing special but the colour is great, really lemony and the design works on a couple of levels. I guess most people think its some sort of statement about the wearer (hey at least my girlfriend thinks I'm ideal right!?) but you occasionally get a knowing look of respect from fellow graffiti/Basquiat enthusiats. Check out the site for a wide selection, my only beef is the excessive delivery charges they have, especially for international orders, I mean how much does a T-Shirt weigh right?


1 Comments:

  • Hi there! I was just surfin blogs via the nav bar up top
    and found yours (like and adventure). You write better
    than many of the blogs I just went by, so have you
    ever thought about trying to make a little money
    blogging? Not tons, but I mean, just enough to
    pay for some other things like webhosting or a car
    payment, etc? Well, please do NOT confuse this with
    the cr*ppy comment spam I see all over the place, but
    I spotted a very cool free book on how to make money
    blogging blogging and blogging some more..!

    Hey, if you're gonna do it, you might as well get a LITTLE somethin' for it...!

    Take care, and keep up the great writing,
    Tiffany Burrell
    How to Make Money Blogging Blogging
    ps. No, that's NOT my real picture, lol!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home